What is Bitter Almond Extract ?
The almond (Prunus dulcis, syn. Prunus amygdalus) is a species of tree native to the Middle East, the Indian subcontinent and North Africa.
“Almond” is also the name of the edible and widely cultivated seed of this tree. Within the genus Prunus, it is classified with the peach in the subgenus Amygdalus, distinguished from the other subgenera by corrugations on the shell (endocarp) surrounding the seed.
The fruit of the almond is a drupe, consisting of an outer hull and a hard shell with the seed, which is not a true nut, inside. Shelling almonds refers to removing the shell to reveal the seed. Almonds are sold shelled or unshelled. Blanched almonds are shelled almonds that have been treated with hot water to soften the seedcoat, which is then removed to reveal the white embryo.
Bitter almond extract amygdalin (from Ancient Greek: ἀμυγδαλή amygdálē “almond”) is a poisonous cyanogenic glycoside found in many plants, but most notably in the seeds (kernels) of apricot, bitter almonds, apple, peach, and plum.
Since the early 1950s, both amygdalin and a modified form named laetrile have been promoted as alternative cancer treatments, often using the misnomer Vitamin B17. But studies have found them to be clinically ineffective in the treatment of cancer, as well as potentially toxic or lethal when taken by mouth, due to cyanide poisoning. Neither amygdalin nor laetrile is a vitamin.
The promotion of laetrile to treat cancer has been described in the medical literature as a canonical example of quackery, and as “the slickest, most sophisticated, and certainly the most remunerative cancer quack promotion in medical history.”
Health Benefits of Bitter Almond Extract Amygdalin
1. Amygdalin is used for vitamin therapy.
2.Amygdalin can be used for cancer treatment.
3. Amygdalin can diminish inflammation, ease pain.
4. Amygdalin has effect on lowering blood sugar,hypolipidemic.
5. Amygdalin has the function of relieving constipation due to deficiency of blood and fluid.
6. Amygdalin can relieve cough and asthma accompanied by stuffiness in the chest and profuse expectoration.
7. Amygdalin can eliminate of pigmentation, freckles, dark spots, so as to achieve the effect of beauty.
Dosage of Bitter Almond Extract Amydgalin
Amygdalin is known to cause lethal poisoning to its consumers. It is therefore of great importance that those consuming this drug, do so in the right manner. The drug should be taken in quantities measuring about 100mg daily. This dosage is said to reduce the adverse effects the drug has. Any misuse or abuse of Amygdalin could lead to serious cyanide poisoning that in turn, could lead to death.
Potential Side Effects Of Amygdalin
Consumption of Amygdalin as an alternative treatment for cancer could lead to dangerous side effects. The most common yet highly dangerous side effect of this form of treatment include cyanide poisoning. One can know they are experiencing cyanide poisoning due to the following symptoms:
- Droopy eyelids
- Low blood pressure
- Tinting of the skin to a bluish color
- Nerve damage
- Intense headaches
Certificate of Analysis
|Particle size||100% pass 80 mesh||USP32<786>||Complies|
|Loss on Drying||≤5.0%||Eur.Ph.6.0[2.8.17]||Complies|
|Solvents Residue||Meet Eur.Ph6.0<5.4>||Eur.Ph 6.0<2.4.24>||Complies|
|Total bacterial count||≤1000cfu/g||USP30<61>||Complies|
|Yeast & mold||≤100cfu/g||USP30<61>||Complies|
Flowchart of Production
Package for Bitter Almond Extract Amygdalin
Shipping for Bitter Almond Extract Amygdalin
- By Express: Suitable for under 50kg, 5-10 days
- By Air: Suitable for more than 50kg, 7-15 days
- By Sea: Suitable for more than 500kg, 15-45days
Why Choose FYZ Bitter Almond Extract Amygdalin?
- FYZ is a professional GMP standard herbal extract manufacturer in China, provide OEM service.
- FREE SAMPLE with freight collection (5-10g) for detection, if you need more, please contact us.
- Fast delivery by DHL/FedEx, air as your requirement.
- All of our products from nature, no additive.
- Money refund policy.