Acai Berry Extract
|Botanical Name:||Euterpe Oleracea L.|
|Active ingredients:||procyanidine, vitamins|
|Appearance:||Purple Fine Powder|
|Storage:||Stored in a cool, dry and dark place, shelf life 24 months.|
What Is Acai Berry Extract?
Acai berry is a small, round, deep purple fruit obtained from the acai palm tree. Botanically, acai belongs to palm or Arecaceae family of tall trees in the genus Euterpe, and botanically known as Euterpe oleracea.
Acai palm is a tall, slender tree growing to a height of 15 to 25 m. An average mature plant may possess 3-10 well-developed stems of 10-18 cm each in diameter from a single root system. It grows better under waterlogged low-lying plains receiving good annual rainfall. Each stem behaves like an individual tree and bears 3-5 bunches with each carrying hundreds of berries much similar to areca or date palm.
Each acai berry measures about the size of a small sized grape, 2-3 cm in diameter. Immature fruits appear dark-green initially, which turn deep-purple upon attaining maturity. Technically, the fruit is a “drupe” which consists of outer-edible pulp (mesocarp) surrounding a large seed (stone). Only this part (mesocarp), comprising only about 10-15% of the berry weight, is edible.
As a food, acai berry is consumed raw and as juice and extract powder. Acai berry extract is used commercially in jelly, syrup, ice cream, liquors, energy drinks and a variety of other beverages, and also can be used as a natural food colorant.
Acai berry extract is viscous and contains about 2.4% protein and 5.9% lipids. The fruit pulp contains about 4% protein and 12% lipids. Nutrients include vitamins A, C and E, calcium, phosphorus, iron, thiamine, and polyphonels and anthocyanins.
Health Benefits of Acai Berry Extract
- Acai berry extract has superb levels of anti-oxidants, minerals, and vitamins that have health benefiting and disease preventing properties.
- Unlike other berries and fruits, Acai has high caloric values and fats. 100 grams of carry about 80-250 calories depending upon the preparation and serving methods. In fact, fresh acai berry has been the staple nutritious diet of native Amazonian for centuries.
- Acai berry extract contains many polyphenolic anthocyanin compounds like resveratrol, cyanidin-3-galactoside, ferulic acid, delphinidin, petunidin as well as astringent pro-anthocyanidin tannins like epicatechin, protocatechuic acid, and ellagic acid. Scientific studies suggest that these compounds have been claimed to act as anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer functions by their free radical fighting actions. Besides, tannins found to have anti-infective, anti-inflammatory, and anti-hemorrhagic properties.
- Primary research studies suggest that ellagic acid in acai has anti-proliferative properties by its ability to directly inhibit DNA binding of certain carcinogens (nitrosamine toxins) in the food.
- Acai berry extract is also rich in medium chain fatty acids like oleic acid (omega-9) and linoleic acid (omega-6). These compounds help reduce the LDL-cholesterol level and raise good HDL-cholesterol concentrations in the body and thus help cut down heart disease risk. Additionally, the essential fats in acai contribute to maintaining adequate moisture in the skin and prevent skin dryness.
- Acai pulp has good levels of dietary fiber. Adequate fiber in the diet helps clear excess cholesterol through the bowel movements.
- ORAC value (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) of acai berry is thought to be at the mid-level range for fruits, higher than that of oranges but less than pomegranate. USDA, however, has not validated the exact ORAC value for acai so far.
- Acai berries contain a good amount of minerals like potassium, manganese, copper, iron, and magnesium. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure. The human body utilizes Manganese as a co-factor for the antioxidant enzyme, superoxide dismutase.
- Further, they are rich in B-complex vitamins and vitamin-K. Niacin, vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine) and riboflavin found in adequate amounts in them. These vitamins function as co-factors and help the body in the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
Certificate of Analysis
|Particle size||100% pass 80 mesh||USP32<786>||Complies|
|Loss on Drying||≤5.0%||Eur.Ph.6.0[2.8.17]||Complies|
|Solvents Residue||Meet Eur.Ph6.0<5.4>||Eur.Ph 6.0<2.4.24>||Complies|
|Total bacterial count||≤1000cfu/g||USP30<61>||Complies|
|Yeast & mold||≤100cfu/g||USP30<61>||Complies|
Flowchart of Production
Package for Acai Berry Extract
Shipping for Acai Berry Extract
- By Express: Suitable for under 50kg, 5-10 days
- By Air: Suitable for more than 50kg, 7-15 days
- By Sea: Suitable for more than 500kg, 15-45days
Why Choose FYZ Acai Berry Extract?
- FYZ is a professional GMP standard herbal extract manufacturer in China, provide OEM service.
- FREE SAMPLE with freight collection (5-10g) for detection, if you need more, please contact us.
- Fast delivery by DHL/FedEx, air as your requirement.
- All of our products from nature, no additive.
- Money refund policy.